Valparaiso Climate & Temperature
- Valparaiso, Chile is at 33°0'S, 71°5'W, 41 m (135 ft). See map.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Valparaiso is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The annual average temperature is 14 degrees Celsius (57.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.6 °C (10.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 372.5 mm (14.7 inches) which is equivalent to 372.5 Litres/m² (9.14 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2120 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Valparaiso you would come out nearest to the climate station at Xi"An, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Warm temperate dry forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Valparaiso, Chile Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: