Valparaiso Climate & Temperature
- Valparaiso, Chile is at 33°0'S, 71°5'W, 41 m (135 ft). See map.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Valparaiso is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 14 degrees Celsius (57.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.6 °C (10.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 372.5 mm (14.7 inches) which is equivalent to 372.5 Litres/m² (9.14 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2120 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Valparaiso you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Xi"An, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Warm temperate dry forest biome).
Valparaiso Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Valparaiso Climate Graph in Metric Units
Valparaiso Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Valparaiso, Chile Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: